News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Version 4.0.821

Started by mwirkk, January 31, 2015, 11:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwirkk

Hi Wilson, et al.,

I was excited to see your recent message about the availability of 4.0.821. It sounds like it's the one I've been waiting for, and I downloaded and installed it right away. I first purchased PGO back in 2007, but I haven't used it since Y!groups introduced their NEO format. Thanks for keeping at it!!  :)

But I've ran into a small problem.  I've long since lost track of any original registration code I had had back then, assuming it would even work now anywayz. Even a few years later when I tried to repurchase it I was refused, the reason given being that I was already a registered user. But that was a different issue, and I digress. I am now trying to purchase a new license again, but when I click the [Purchase] button in the Registration dialog (Help >> Product Registration) I do not get the Registration Request dialog like shown in Step 2 of the PersonalGroupware "Purchase" instructions page. Nothing at all seems to happen.

I don't remember an automatically populated field for the HDD S/N in the earlier version (as shown in the purchase instructions page), so I'm wondering if it is having problems with that. Iff so, is there a built-in timeout I should expect to wait before getting a response of some kind?

I am using 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate edition. I tried executing PGO4 (after install) "As Administrator", but that did not help. I ran the installer while logged in as an admin user, but I did not run the installer executable with elevated privileges, if that makes any difference. I have not tried testing with the UAC disabled.

I'm not sure I'm on the right track. It might be a bug. Or maybe it was user error somewhere along the way. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

-mwirkk
(Matt in Seattle)

Wilson Logan

Hi Matt,

Sorry I'm not sure if your question is just about registration or downloading as well?

If its just registration, currently PGO is undergoing a major overhaul (part of which is the registration function) and until that is complete it will be offered on a 60 day rolling trial basis.

Cheers,

Wilson.

mwirkk

Thanks for your reply Wilson. The download and installation went just fine. My question was about registration. I did not realize it was not possible with this build. I'll keep an eye out for updates as they come along. Hopefully I'll be a way to send some $$ your way soon. :)  -Matt in Seattle

Wilson Logan

Well, I can't say I won't be happy to see some $$$ :)

We've a wee bit to go yet though... lots to do!

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk