News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

version 3-0-045 comes up & quits immediately

Started by kwlyon, September 26, 2008, 04:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwlyon

I just upgraded to pgoffline 3-0-045 from (I believe) 2-5-061, taking the defaults, and now when I click on pgoffline, it starts, displays the little screen for an instant (showing version 3.0.045) and then immediately disappears (quits).  Using process explorer, I can see it come & go. 

I rebooted my pc, and that didn't change anything. 

Now what?

Ken
Ken Lyon

kwlyon

More ....
I checked Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs and found two entries for PGOffline, so I uninstalled both of them and then reinstalled 3-0-045.  Same result; it comes up & goes down quickly.

I'm running Windows XP Pro with all updates. 

Ken
Ken Lyon

Wilson Logan

Hi Ken,

We're looking at it right now.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Hi Ken,

Matti, the developer reports that he is only able to replicate the problem on Windows XP service pack 0 (ie no service pack installed) and only when upgrading from 2.5.048 or lower.

None of which seems to fit your situation!

Apparently whats required to avoid this issue is to delete the desktop shortcut for PGO before installing the new version. The install program for the newer versions doesn't overwrite the shortcut and when you use it, it tries to run the old (now un-installed) version.

To recover the situation, you should locate the current PG Offline executable file (pgoffline25.exe) by doing a search in Windows.

When you have located it, make a note of the folder it is in, right click the shortcut, choose Properties, select the Shortcut tab and alter the field 'Start In' to be the folder name where the executable is located.

The text in 'Start In' will look something like this :

"C:\Program Files\PG Offline\PGO\"

Cheers,

Wilson.

kwlyon

Doesn't look like the problem is with a bad shortcut. 

I uninstalled 3.0.045 again, then deleted the pgoffline program folder, then downloaded 3.0.045 again and installed it.  ]

I checked, and the only version of pgoffline is the current one, and the shortcut points to it. 

When I click the shortcut, I can see a small window come up for a half second with 3.0.44 in it.  Then it goes away. 

I tried disabling my firewall, but that didn't make a difference.

I have uninstalled 3.0.045 and reinstalled 2.5.61 and it's working just fine. 

Any thoughts?

Ken
Ken Lyon

Wilson Logan

Hi Ken,

Try and locate the folder with the PGO executable in it. Do a search for pgoffline25.exe

When you find it, right click on it & choose Run.

Please let me know what happens.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk