News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

font size

Started by nightstitcher, October 27, 2019, 08:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightstitcher

I recently re-started using PG Offline to rescue all my Yahoo group info. Everything is going great, but one small thing ( literally  ;)) I can't get the font to change from a very small one. I go through file, options, misc, font selection, and select something for which the preview looks right. Save the selection and the appearance changes very slightly, but the font is still pretty much what it was, and pretty tiny - much smaller than the preview and the same size it started out. Also, whenever I go through that dialog, the selection window looks like it's reverted to the default, which seems to be san serif 8 point.
Thanks for any help, and glad to be back using the program.

Wilson Logan

What version do you have?

nightstitcher

Wilson Logan

To use a larger font, press CTRL and +  in any reading mode (digest, individual or reading pane) to enlarge the font.

Just press CTRL and +  as many times as you want to enlarge the font.

CTRL and -  will reduce the font.

Make sure that the window you want to enlarge is in focus i.e. click in the window first before using CTRL and +

Cheers,

Wilson.

nightstitcher

Thanks - that does work in the message area, but not in list of groups, list of messages, or the large status window at the bottom. Any way to change the font/size there? The options/misc/main windows panes font sets itself to "microsoft sans serif 8 point" no matter how many times I try to change it to something else, like Verdana 12 point, or even, just to see what would happen, to Segoe 20 point. It does seem to "think" about the display and even change the font slightly (it was more apparent when I tried a serifed font - Times New Roman), but the size stays at around 8 points - which is rather hard to read.

Wilson Logan

OK, yes, I see what you mean. 

Its definitely not working.

There will be a release later today but this change is too late to enter the work queue.

I will try and have it fixed in the release after this next one.

Cheers,

Wilson.

nightstitcher

Thanks. I'll check back for an update release.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk