News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Recent posts

I need Help ! / Re: "value cannot be null" pro...
Last post by w9ran - December 14, 2019, 08:29:27 PM
Well whatever was broken is fixed again, and I was able to get my archiving done.   

I'd say "Thanks Verizon" but...not so much...

Bob
I need Help ! / Re: Can't log in "Either you h...
Last post by Max Pre-Server - December 14, 2019, 10:19:02 AM
Everything is working including group listing as of 4:17am CST. However, I'm getting a strange issue. If I try to download, say, three groups in one database at once, or refresh all groups in a given database, the program seems to get caught in a feedback loop of skipping messages. Eventually it stops all groups from downloading anything and it takes two re-opens of a database before I can successfully start a group downloading again.
I need Help ! / Re: Move Database moved ygroup...
Last post by Shal - December 13, 2019, 10:26:35 PM
Oh, yes, plenty of alligators I suppose. Mine can wait. It looks like I won't actually fill my SSD before "the end" anyway.

Last post by Wilson Logan - December 13, 2019, 09:35:41 PM
Its like they're rotating the change around geographic locations.

Which is very clever if you want to **** PGO users up.

I can't make a solution for a change that keeps changing....
I need Help ! / Re: Moving from Yahoo Groups t...
Last post by Wilson Logan - December 13, 2019, 09:33:48 PM
I wish you the best of luck with that.

There may be an easier solution out there but I didn't find it.
I need Help ! / Re: Move Database moved ygroup...
Last post by Wilson Logan - December 13, 2019, 09:32:38 PM
Hi Shal,

Can I get back to you on this?

Its one day till YG switches off for PGO users and they are playing silly buggers by altering the login screen format in *some* geographic locations.

I'm up to my **** in screaming users.

Cheers,

Wilson.
I need Help ! / Move Database moved ygroups.db...
Last post by Shal - December 13, 2019, 09:18:20 PM
My system has an SSD for its C drive with limited space. So I used the Move Database command to move my database to my E drive (an HDD with plenty of free space).

After doing that I find that the original appdata location has a miniature ygroups.pg3 file - 58 KB, with a date possibly matching the date of installation of an older version of PGO on this machine. But the appdata folder also has options.db3 and the Attachments, Files, Links, Photos, and Trials folders, which have recent dates and content, so those apparently did not move.

Question: how do I get the content folders to move? Do I do that manually? If so, how do I tell PGO where to find them? Or will it automatically find them beside the new ygroups.db3 file in E:\Users\Shal\Documents\Groups\PG Offline 4 ?

A complicating factor may be that I originally installed PGO on an older machine, which had everything in the default places on C:, but that machine suffered a failure and I moved its content to this new machine.

I did start a new database on E:, with a different name and in a different folder from the above, and it seems to have put its data folders in that folder correctly. Except when I use buttons like Photos it claims there are none instead of trying to browse the ones it did indeed download.
Last post by Max Pre-Server - December 13, 2019, 08:03:04 PM
My workaround seems to no longer work for the moment. Managed to get all the files/photos/links downloaded for every group I was a member of last night, but the message download I set to happen overnight in five databases appears to not have worked at all. It seems the program auto-quit itself without downloading a thing sometime during the night (I have sleep etc disabled and haven't had an issue before). I do not like Yahoo's little server game.
I need Help ! / Re: Moving from Yahoo Groups t...
Last post by glcost - December 13, 2019, 06:12:08 PM
Wilson, Thanks for the estimate. I'm not in a tremendous rush to get the new bbpress site up even though YG goes away tomorrow. I'll probably struggle with the conversion for a bit to see if I can do it. If not, you will hear back.

George
I need Help ! / Re: "value cannot be null" pro...
Last post by Wilson Logan - December 13, 2019, 04:43:23 PM
You can get round it by VPN'ing to the UK or Japan.
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk