News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Wish list: add notes/categories to posts

Started by boston96, March 04, 2004, 02:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boston96

Hi, I'm new to the group, been using PG Offline for 10 days, I love it and paid for it.

I have an item for the wish list:  I would like to see a column in the upper right pane where I could add notes or categories to a post that I've just read, and these notes would be searchable.

Example: I read a post about a great software program to replace Internet Explorer.  I would like to add a note or category of "browser" to this post and to other posts that also refer to browsers.  Then I can find all posts that I have flagged with "browser" using Search.  The column should be able to hold multiple categories.

My wish might be very difficult to add, but this capability could make PG Offline a very powerful information retrieval tool.  

Thanks for listening, boston96

Wilson Logan

Hi,

This is a feature that has been part of the specification of PG Offline from day one. It was always my intention to allow annotation of messages. Actually, my specification goes further & allows you to organise messages & your notes & external links into Libraries which you can then share with other group members using the import/export facility.

If you would like to see the full specification of this feature & comment on it please email me.

Cheers,

Wilson.

boston96

This sounds like a wonderful capability.  I will wait patiently for these new features.

Wilson Logan

Did you get the original feature specification I emailed you?

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk