News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Download limit in kB

Started by peterb, February 07, 2004, 10:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterb

Hi,

It would be nice with a possiblility to set the download limit in kilobytes instead of # of messages.

As it is now you have to use the relative low limit of 150 to be sure. If you use a higher limit you sometimes get stopped out and have to wait for a long time to continue. The limit varies between 150 and 300 for me with a wait time of 65 minutes. I think the reason of the variation is that Yahoo uses a download limit in bytes.

Peter

Brad

Peter,

You may be right, but from some of the experments I've made, and the results others are getting, it seems to me to be based on time.  So, I think the best results are to download as fast as possible (I set mine at 300 messages) and then have no activity for 60 minutes.

I call it "session time", I download as many as I can as fast as possible and then allow the session timer (if Yahoo as such a thing) to reset.  It seems to be about 60 minutes, I tried and 30 and 45 minute an got booted.

I'd like to know what kind of experience others are having.

Brad

Brad

peterb

Brad,

You are right about the session time. I have been stopped out with 50, 60 and 62 minutes but never with 65 minutes.

What I have found is that the maximum number of messages for each session varies a lot. For one groups it is 150 messages for another group 300. The group with 150 has longer messages than the one with a 300 limit. If you could specify the limit in number of bytes instead of number of messages you could probably always use the same number. That would save you a lot of time.

Peter

Wilson Logan

Peter, Brad,

Okay, consider it done.

At the moment the PGO work queue is:

1) Create new Statistics features

2) Fix all outstanding bug reports

3) Add all outstanding user requested features.

We should be finished this list in about 3 - 4 weeks.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk