News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

DB stored in separate folder from program

Started by lklawrie, February 14, 2004, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lklawrie

I noticed in the latest version of PG Offline that I can put the DB in a different folder from the program (maybe you always could).  I would like to do that....

Do I need to uninstall my current version and reinstall (somehow managing to copy my DB to the folder I want) or is there another method?

Linda
-----
Linda

Bill Bradshaw

You might try editing the registry if you feel comfortable perforiming an operation like this.  You can search for PG Offline and the directory to the database is in the database key.  There would be two locations that need to be changed.  I have not tried this.
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Wilson Logan

Linda,

This is possible. You can do it the fast way or the safe way.

1) Fast way... install PG Offline again & specify where you want the DB installed to. Then copy your existing DB (ygroups.mdb)  to this location. It will overwrite the ygroups.mdb that is there, but thats OK, thats what you want.

2) Safe way... Export all your messages to a file. Re-install PG Offline to the location you desire. Run this new copy of PG Offline & import your messages. When everything looks good you can delete the old copy & associated DB.

Cheers,

Wilson.

lklawrie

Even better...  

I re-installed (still wanted the program in the default -- just the DBs somewhere else) to the old folder and it automatically transferred the DB to the new folder where I wanted.

Now, I can reimport the 222MB file which I don't want my automatic backup to backup every night!!!

Thanks for the responses.

Linda
-----
Linda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk