News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Move Database moved ygroups.db3, but not the content folders

Started by Shal, December 13, 2019, 09:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shal

My system has an SSD for its C drive with limited space. So I used the Move Database command to move my database to my E drive (an HDD with plenty of free space).

After doing that I find that the original appdata location has a miniature ygroups.pg3 file - 58 KB, with a date possibly matching the date of installation of an older version of PGO on this machine. But the appdata folder also has options.db3 and the Attachments, Files, Links, Photos, and Trials folders, which have recent dates and content, so those apparently did not move.

Question: how do I get the content folders to move? Do I do that manually? If so, how do I tell PGO where to find them? Or will it automatically find them beside the new ygroups.db3 file in E:\Users\Shal\Documents\Groups\PG Offline 4 ?

A complicating factor may be that I originally installed PGO on an older machine, which had everything in the default places on C:, but that machine suffered a failure and I moved its content to this new machine.

I did start a new database on E:, with a different name and in a different folder from the above, and it seems to have put its data folders in that folder correctly. Except when I use buttons like Photos it claims there are none instead of trying to browse the ones it did indeed download.

Wilson Logan

Hi Shal,

Can I get back to you on this?

Its one day till YG switches off for PGO users and they are playing silly buggers by altering the login screen format in *some* geographic locations.

I'm up to my **** in screaming users.

Cheers,

Wilson.

Shal

Oh, yes, plenty of alligators I suppose. Mine can wait. It looks like I won't actually fill my SSD before "the end" anyway.

Wilson Logan

You can set the folder paths for each group separately. Right click on the group name, choose Group Settings-- > Folder Settings.

Really, the way to move stuff is to backup the install folder  (File-- > Open data folder)

Uninstall PGO.

Install it where you actually want it.

Copy the old install folder over the new one.

Job done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk