News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Invalid Server Response

Started by EsmereldaPea, June 23, 2005, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EsmereldaPea

Just downloaded this software - would be great if I can get it to work!   ???  At first I got the "Invalid Page Format", came to this forum, saw the patch and downloaded.  Now I get this:

6/23/2005 8:14:06 AM >  Request number of messages
6/23/2005 8:14:06 AM >  Error : Invalid server response.

I have tried several different groups, and get the same error (I am able to list the groups).  I have also tried it with Authorization turned on and off, as well as the several changes suggested on a recent post.  I have closed and re-opened the program.  I am assuming it uses my IE auth?  I even checked to make sure my IE auth was active.

Anyone else getting this error, and anyone have a fix?

When I installed, it asked for my Office CDs (not sure what it was looking for - anyone know?), and I got an error when it tried to install whatever it was (yes, I had the disk in).  I though maybe some kind of db engine, but since I got my groups to list, it probably wasn't that. . .

Any help will be appreciated.

Esme

BTW, using Windows 2K and Office 2K and latest version of PGware (2.5.027 with patch 2.5.039)

Wilson Logan

Hi Esme,

The Office CD thing is due to a failed/aborted install of something that used the Windows install.msi file. Try Googling for "tries to install Office".

As for the other error... thats a new one on me.  I take it Yahoo was up and going at the time you tried this? Are you still getting this error or is it transient?

Thanks,

Wilson.

EsmereldaPea

Rats - message got foiled!

No, not intermittent.  Tried on work PC using XP and Office 2K, same "Invalid Server Response" error.  Tried on laptop using Win2K and Office 2K, same Office hullabaloo error on install and then same "Invalid Server Response" error.

Uninstalled on laptop, "repaired" Office install, reinstalled (no patch), "Invalid Page" error - couldn't even get groups list, added patch, got groups list, but can't get any messages - "Invalid Server Response."

Ideas?

Esme

Wilson Logan

Hi Esme,

Please send me a email with the name of the group, whether its public or private & a full screenshot showing the error.

wilson.logan (at) ntlworld.com

just change  (at)  to  @

Thanks,

Wilson.

Jacklad

Hi -

I'm having exactly the same problem (and have downloaded the patch, played with the options, etc.).

Jackie

Wilson Logan

Hi Jackie,

All groups or just some?

Can you give me an example (preferrably of a public group) which gives this error?

Thanks,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

Hi All,

OK, here's the problem....

If you use the Get Groups function it is returning the group names suffixed by a /

When you add this group & then try to download it Yahoo can't make sense of the request.

For the moment, please add groups manually using Groups--> New Groups being carefull to get the group name *exactly* the same as it is in Yahoo e.g.

CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO

is not the same as

Cad_Cam_Edm_Dro

neither is

CAD-CAM-EDM-DRO

watch out for the difference between _ & -

Cheers,

Wilson.

Wilson Logan

There is a now a patch for this issue:

http://www.pgoffline.com/groupmanager/pgpatch25040.exe

Only apply it if you're having this problem.

Cheers,

Wilson.

EsmereldaPea

Sorry - was out of town so couldn't respond to your request.  The patch worked!!!  (but the suggestion to leave off the "/" didn't, as that was how I entered my first try).

Thanks so much!

Esme

Wilson Logan

OK, glad we got it working !

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk