News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

options menu redesign

Started by phazei, March 27, 2004, 09:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phazei

I was reading a article a long time about about designing option menu's.  It compared CLI's (command line) with GUI.  It talked about how while CLI there might be a lot of switches but they are all visable at once in the man.   While with GUI while you could see what the options do easier and select them easier, they were a bit more difficult to find because they were hidden in different tabs and menu's and advanced buttons and more tabs and dialog boxes...

What I'm trying to say is your options box is getting very cluttered and is very small.  it would be much more intuitive if all those tabs were on one window in their own little squares and bars seperating them.  Very simple to redesign, don't even need to code anything.

Wilson Logan

What you say is true... today. What about tomorrow? All the options might fit nicely in a full screen now but in a years time that might not be the case.

I may do a redesign though so that it looks more like the window you get if you right click on your Windows desktop & choose 'Properties'.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk