News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

Ideas for the refresh function

Started by wundrbee, April 09, 2004, 06:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wundrbee

Yes, it's me again with more ideas:)

After a refresh have the groups names highlighted or in bold to show which ones recieved new messages.

Be able to select a few groups at a time to refresh. I am on a couple of very high volume groups, that I'd like to be able to refresh more often than the rest.

Have the option for PGO to pick up the refresh where it left off, if an error occurs or we decide to stop it.

If PGO cannot tell the difference between a 999 error and a missing message, then have the option to manually check the link, and be able make adjustments accordingly in group settings.

Tammi

Wilson Logan

Hi Tammi,

>After a refresh have the groups names highlighted or in bold to show which ones recieved new messages.

Good idea. We'll add it if possible.

>Be able to select a few groups at a time to refresh. I am on a couple of very high volume groups, that I'd like to be able to refresh more often than the rest.

You can do that now by setting the Skip field in the groups you don't want to Refresh. Or do you want something else?

>Have the option for PGO to pick up the refresh where it left off, if an error occurs or we decide to stop it.

OK.

>If PGO cannot tell the difference between a 999 error and a missing message, then have the option to manually check the link, and be able make adjustments accordingly in group settings.

You can check the link manually now & make adjustments. Do you mean, do all that & not lose the place in your Refresh?

Cheers,

Wilson.

wundrbee

Quote from: Wilson Logan on April 09, 2004, 08:37:14 AM
>Be able to select a few groups at a time to refresh. I am on a couple of very high volume groups, that I'd like to be able to refresh more often than the rest.

You can do that now by setting the Skip field in the groups you don't want to Refresh. Or do you want something else?

It would be nice to be able to manually select a few groups to refresh manually, without having to go into group settings and ticking the skip box, for the groups I don't want to check at the time, and then have to go back after the refresh and re-tick the skip box to resume my usual refresh options.

Quote from: Wilson Logan on April 09, 2004, 08:37:14 AM
>If PGO cannot tell the difference between a 999 error and a missing message, then have the option to manually check the link, and be able make adjustments accordingly in group settings.

You can check the link manually now & make adjustments. Do you mean, do all that & not lose the place in your Refresh?

How can you check the link manually from PGO? Currently, I open my browser and go to the group I need to check, and then switch back to PGO. I would think that if the option were added to have the refresh pick up where it left off during a user stop or error message, then it would pick up where I left off, but with the adjustments I make to the group settings, to pickup where the next valid message begins.

Tammi
P.S. I am not a morning person. If this doesn't make sense, you'll know why:)

Wilson Logan

>It would be nice to be able to manually select a few groups to refresh manually, without having to go into group settings and ticking the skip box,

If you want to group your groups you can group them by moving some to one database & others to another database. That way you can Refresh one set of groups, switch databases & Refresh the other set.

Another possibility is that we could add tick boxes next to the group name & if ticked they get Refreshed first.  

>How can you check the link manually from PGO?

You can't. I didn't say you could do it from PGO. You can do it manually by going to the Yahoo groups URL & if you get the Service Unavailable message, you know whats happened :)

>Currently, I open my browser and go to the group I need to check, and then switch back to PGO. I would think that if the option were added to have the refresh pick up where it left off during a user stop or error message, then it would pick up where I left off, but with the adjustments I make to the group settings, to pickup where the next valid message begins.

I just let it roll on. Usually there's no more than 3 or 4 deleted messages. My Workflow setting is 20 messages & I've not been stopped by getting 20 genuinely missing/deleted, consecutive messages in a group yet.

We are adding a 'Pause' feature which will do what you want I think.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk