News:

Yahoo Groups closing on Dec 14th 2019

Main Menu

"Value cannot be null"

Started by martin_lists, October 03, 2016, 05:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin_lists

I've been away for a few days and came back to find the following error on each two-hourly check, starting about four days ago.  This shows the last "good" check (8:48) and the first error (10:48) showing the msg "Value cannot be null", which is a new one on me:

6:48:14 AM [Siddeley] Logging in with account
translateltd
6:48:14 AM Downloading completed.
Receiving messages for all groups.
8:48:14 AM [Siddeley] Logging in with account
translateltd
8:48:14 AM Downloading completed.
Receiving messages for all groups.
10:48:14 AM [Siddeley] Logging in with account
translateltd
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
10:48:14 AM Downloading completed.

martin_lists

I see I reported a similar issue in June but had clearly forgotten.  I've re-entered both passwords and now get a quite different error msg:

5:53:31 PM [Siddeley] Logging in with account
translateltd
5:53:40 PM Downloading completed.
5:53:40 PM Yahoo's login page is not available. The request sent to https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.src=fpctx&.intl=&.done=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.yahoo.com%2F returned the following response NotFound.

martin_lists

No-one else getting the "Yahoo's login page not available" error?

Wilson Logan

Hi Martin,

Just to reiterate what we talked about in emails (for the benefit of anyone else with the same issue).

I had something similar happen to me recently because Yahoo have changed their password security requirements and my password was deemed 'no longer sufficiently secure'.

Once you enter your user name and password, instead of being taken to your groups home page, you are served this page (attached).

As a workaround you can simply repeat your last action (List, Refresh, whatever) and it will work at the second request.

OR

You can choose the "Yes, secure my account" option and complete that so that Yahoo stop sending you that page.

Cheers,

Wilson.

martin_lists

This error has started again, from 25 February onwards.  Yahoo has started sending a "tap this button" request to complete login, which I presume is incompatible with PGO.  Do I need to go back (somehow) to the old password option for Yahoogroups, or is there another workaround?  I'm currently running build 874.

Martin
NZ

martin_lists

I think I've got it sorted.  Yahoo Account Key deactivated and back to password access. 

Martin
NZ

Wilson Logan

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting your solution.

Cheers,

Wilson.

WMCClark1980

My problem is slightly different.  It's been several years so I had to put new password in Yahoo, then go to Settings>Group Logon>Password and change the password in PGO.  That done i now get:

3:12:28 PM Receiving messages for group ACCU-TRAK
3:12:28 PM Downloading completed.
Value cannot be null

I went back to Yahoo and was able to log in and read messages.

Walter

Wilson Logan

Hi Walter,

You may also need to change the username & password set in  Master Login 

File--> Master Login

Cheers,

Wilson.

WMCClark1980

Hi Logan,

Different day, same result.  I went in through Yahoo Groups and was able to access and read group messages.  Then I went to PG Offline, verified master and group login credentials are the same as what got me to the groups through Yahoo and no joy.  Everything is identical in Yahoo, PG Offline Master username and password as well as group username and password.  Reply is still:

Value cannot be null

Walter M. Clark

Wilson Logan

Hi Walter,

I will contact you by email and let you try out the PGO test user credentials.

Cheers,

Wilson.

martin_lists

I notice I had the same problem once again from 4 May onwards.  Re-entered passwords for my main login and still a failure; tried a different Yahoo ID (still valid for same group) and that worked.  A 'go figure' moment, but at least it's sorted for now in my case!

Martin
NZ

Wilson Logan

Walters issue was resolved.

I'd like to say I fixed it but it just started working.

I think the essential problem is that Yahoo have taken to serving odd pages during the login sequence. Things like:

"Is your password secure enough"

or

"Do you want to add a mobile number to your account"

and so on.

PGO cannot know in advance what they're going to do so it makes a best guess and usually asks you to check your username & password combination and check the login using a browser to see if you can resolve the issue by entering the data requested by Yahoo.

To add insult to injury, Yahoo often decide that what they've done is a bad idea and roll it back.

Sadly, I think all we can do is work around them.

Cheers,

Wilson.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk